11. A strategy has been introduced in the PMBOK Project Management Guide, to Escalate Responses, through which project manager will escalate a risk to higher authorities, when necessary, after which its responsibility has been transferred. At this stage, project manager will have following options:
- a. Delete the risk from risk register maintained by project manager, or
- b. Retain risk in the risk register, and categorize it as Escalated To.
12. Lessons Learned Register has been introduced, which will need to be frequently updated.
13. Tone in project management knowledge areas of the PMBOK Guide will become more optional, rather than mandatory.
14. Tools and Techniques will be grouped under individual labels.
15. Appendix will be included in the PMBOK Guide containing summary information regarding:
- a. Key Concepts
- b. Tailoring Aspects
- c. Tools and Techniques
- d. Iterative and Adaptive Approaches
16. PMBOK training should include above mentioned changes in the PMBOK Guide 6th Edition, which is expected to be released later during the year 2017.
Tags: Changes in PMBOK 6th Edition, PMBOK 6th Edition changes, Main Changes in PMBOK