The following terms in PMBOK 4th Edition are being changed or added in the PMBOK 5th Edition that is going to be released by PMI in January 2013.
• Direct and Manage Project Execution—changed to Direct and Manage Project Work
• Plan Scope Management process—added
• Verify Scope—changed to Validate Scope
• Plan Schedule Management—added
• Plan Cost Management—added
• Plan Quality—changed to Plan Quality Management
• Perform Quality Control—changed to Control Quality
• Develop Human Resource Plan—changed to Plan Human Resource Management
• Monitor and Control Risks—changed to Control Risks
• Plan Procurements—changed to Plan Procurement Management
• Administer Procurements—changed to Control Procurements
• Plan Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area—added
• Manage Stakeholder Expectations—changed to Manage Stakeholders Engagement
• Control Stakeholders Engagement—added
• Work performance measurement changed to work performance data
• Positive Risks - changed to “opportunity”
• Plan Stakeholders management - added
This list is taken from PMI website. For more information on PMBOK changes you can visit PMI website at www.pmi.org
The above list of terms will be changed in PMBOK 5th Edition. Upon the release of the new PMBOK version, all existing PMPs will have to remember the new terms and should be able to map them with the previous terms.
Besides term changes and additions, there are many more changes coming in the PMBOK 5th Edition, so keep looking the website for more about PMBOK 5th Edition. More on it will be added here soon.